In 1947, under the leadership of Rev. Thelmer Vaughn, the building was brick veneered, and the first education units were built, including the kitchen, dining room, pastor's study, and Memorial Windows. This was completed April, 1948. Rev. S. Allen Balch, a native of Madison, held the official opening. The Dedication Service was held on Sunday, September 2, 1951, with Bishop Clare Purcell, who served the circuit from 1910-1913, leading the service.
In 1987, under the leadership of Rev. Joe Estes, the vestibule was remodeled, including a new floor, doors, and steps. On the north side, a ramp was installed where the old entrance was located.